Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Supporting the World at this time...

Hi All!

So while I was blogging that last post I was thinking about all the things that have been going on in the world in the past couple of months. 

I think a good place to start is to mention our home, Australia. 


In January Queensland faced one of the worst possible Natural Disaster this country has seen. 
I have lived here for 14 years and other than the 2009 Bushfires in Victoria I have never seen this beautiful country so devasted by what has happened. 
And I wanted to express my deepest, most sincere thoughts on what has happened since. 

It seemed like not long after, those same people were impacted by a tornado, and more loss occured. I think about the images that I have seen on the news and I feel for all those people. Even now I have a constricted throat. 

But it isn't just Australia that has been impacted, New Zealand, our neighbours faced one of the most horrific Earthquakes in the Southern Hemisphere... 
Reality really took me when we all realised how close to home Natural Disasters can get. 
Again we watched, and prayed the situation would not get worse.  

Then it seems not even a month after that, when New Zealand still has not had the time to clean the aftermath another earthquake occurs. This time causing a Tsunami to hit Japan. 
These images have been some of the scariest we have seen. the numbers coming out about deaths and injuries are just astronomical, and completely saddening. 

So though I am sure there are much better ways to say this, I just wanted anyone of you who have been impacted or who know someone who has been impacted, you should all know how much of our thoughts and prayers go to you, and your families. 

I would also like to express my thought that though this may not actually be armageddon, you should all live like it is. 
Take a trip to somewhere you consider paradise, be silly, make mistakes, laugh, love, eat, go broke... JUST LIVE! Because you can never know when the world will take that power away from you. 

All our love, 
Connie and Nelly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment